COVID info/Vaccination Proof/Queries & useful links

Needing Proof of your COVID vaccination for international travel?


Digital NHS COVID Pass is now available to everyone 5+

1.If you have a smartphone:

Download the NHS app. This is available on apple's app store and google play store or


2.Or if you don’t have a smartphone but have internet access:


Get a digital COVID digital pass:

Go to:

 Or you can request a paper letter:


3.If you have no access to the internet: you can request a paper letter by calling: 119


Please note your COVID pass also contains a section "NHS COVID Pass - Recovery" which will include the results of a recent positive PCR test if this is required for proof. 

The NHS COVID Pass service is now available to 5 and over, accessible via NHS.UK for those aged 5 and over, and the NHS App for those aged 13 and over. This is an addition to the letter service via 119 that was launched in December.

Both the digital (App and and letter NHS COVID Pass are widely accepted for international travel. It provides a record of all COVID-19 vaccinations received, with the digital Pass showing evidence of recovery for 180 days following a positive test. International travellers should check the entry requirements of the country they are visiting as requirements for testing and vaccination can vary from country to country.


COVID Vaccine Queries: Information for patients vaccinated abroad or home countries.

If you had your vaccination at the Alfred Barrow Health Centre but feel details on your COVID pass are incorrect please contact our reception team on 01229 402525.

If you had your vaccine at another site, our reception team will be unable to resolve your query. Please contact the Vaccination Data Resolution Service (VDRS) which aims to resolve missing or incorrect vaccination records for people vaccinated in England who have a current NHS number and are registered with a GP practice in England. If you believe you have missing or incorrect Covid-19 vaccination data, please call 119 and ask the call agent to make a referral to the VDRS team on your behalf. The VDRS team will then aim to call you back within 21 days.

Please note: 119 and VDRS call agents will not provide clinical advice and cannot assist at this time with queries related to vaccinations received overseas.

If your query relates to personal information that is incorrect on your patient record (e.g. name, address), this issue can be resolved by contacting our reception team on the above number


I had one or both vaccines administered abroad. Why can’t these show in the NHS app? 

If you have had your vaccinations abroad, please use the below link to update your record

Tell the NHS about coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've had abroad - NHS (


Do I need COVID pass for domestic travel and venues?

From 12 May 2022 the domestic NHS COVID Pass will no longer be available.



Coronavirus (COVID-19) and requests for fit notes (Med3)


Requests for certification of absence from work may fall into five categories:


  1.    Personally affected – isolating for seven days
  2.    Personally affected - remaining unwell for over seven days
  3.    Household member affected – isolating for fourteen days as per government advice
  4.    At risk group – following government advice
  5.    Those in full time education


  1.    Personally affected – isolating for seven days


Patients should self-certify for the first seven days as normal if they are unfit to work.

They do not need to contact their GP


  1.    Personally affected - remaining unwell for over seven days


If patients remain unwell and unfit to work over seven days, advice is to visit and complete an online self-assessment. The patient may be asked to call 111 for further advice on the next steps regarding their illness/ fitness to work.


They do not need to contact their GP.


  1.    Household member affected – isolating for fourteen days as per government advice
  2. At risk group – following government advice


GPs cannot and are not the gatekeeper of the statutory sick pay system. Employers are responsible for putting in place arrangements for home/remote working where this is possible. Where it is not, the employee may self-certify and return to work following the relevant absence which their employer may authorise as per government advice. Where they do become unwell during or after this time, point 1 and 2 applies.


They do not need to contact their GP.


  1.    Those in full time education


There is no requirement to issue certification to schools or colleges to confirm absence. These organisations must work with parents and students to ensure that any absence is appropriately recorded, obviating the need for a ‘doctor’s note’.


They do not need to contact their GP



As per the current S13 Guidance for Employers it should be noted that:


By law, medical evidence is not required for the first 7 days of sickness. After 7 days, it is for the employer to determine what evidence they require, if any, from the employee. This does not need to be a fit note (MED3) issued by a GP or any other doctor.

Your employee will be advised to isolate themselves and not to work in contact with other people by NHS 111 or Public Health England if they are a carrier of, or have been in contact with, an infectious or contagious disease, such as Covid-19.

We strongly suggest that employers use their discretion around the need for medical evidence for a period of absence where an employee is advice is to stay at home due to suspected Covid-19, in accordance with the public health advice being issued by the government.



Useful COVID-19 links

Government Website:

Leaflet: COVID-19 leaflet



COVID recovery:

Barrow county council: 




Parent Advice when Children are sick

Learning disabilities - New service for patients

Bereavement Support and Help



Mental Health and Well-being during COVID-19 

Post COVID-19 information pack

Coronovirus Anxiety Workbooklet (developed by the Wellness society )

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website